CLASS RULES ON ZOOM
Be on Time: Sign In 8-10 minutes early.
Test mic and speakers
Enter using your regular name
Mute unless speaking
Record so we can see your face
Avoid "chatting" with classmates when Mrs. S is speaking/teaching (or I will have to shut off "chat" feature
Be patient with Mrs. S and help where you can
LET'S CONNECT THROUGH A GAME EACH MTG. IDEAS? CONNECT WITH ME!
A FEW SMALL GROUP MEETINGS WILL BE SCHEDULED EACH WEEK AS NEEDED.
Know there are really cool features. As we go, I will try some. I will also kepp practicing with a "Zoom" Team!
Helpful Resource for Families Using Zoom at Home
- Zoom is a great tool for both real-time and pre-recorded communication.
- It allows us to connect as a whole class and in smaller teams, to learn together, and to support one another socially and emotionally
- We can record meetings to share with others that couldn’t attend live, or for future reference (Post in Google Classroom, Website or FreshGrade) - Let's decide together!
Let's Keep it Simple!
Our first meeting, today, will have us say hello, practice using some of the features of Zoom, explore our Team Samaddar website and, most importantly, have some fun!
Considerations? I will survey some time this week
- How can we co-create Zoom classroom management expectations? How can we support behaviour that is inappropriate?
- Will any students in our class need support from parents/guardians or caregivers to gain access?
- When might it be best for us to schedule smaller group meetings? Whole class meetings?
- What devices will you be accessing Zoom with - laptop, tablet, smartphone?
How might we use tools we are already familiar with - Google Classroom (Google Slides, Google Forms, Google Docs), FreshGrade, YouTube and, now, our Team Samaddar Website?
Important: District tech folks recommend keeping Zoom meetings to 30 minutes maximum. I will certainly try :)
- We need to create opportunities for you to collaborate and interact with one another
- Chat feature in Zoom is one way
- Apparently there is a whiteboard functionality, a way for you to share your screens, and a way to share a Google Form link via the chat - all which I need to check out